Vectra Polaris featuring MOTiF™
Providing unparalleled speed, performance, and versatility, Vectra® Polaris™ Automated Quantitative Pathology Imaging System goes beyond conventional brightfield and fluorescence whole-slide scanning – it integrates the power of multispectral imaging in a simplified workflow.
As part of our Phenoptics™ 2.0 translational solution, multispectral imaging on the Vectra Polaris can now be applied across a whole slide (using the 6-plex, 7 Color Opal Polaris reagent kit) with our state-of-the-art MOTiF™ technology. This enables the biology to be explored at multiple scales, from cell-to-cell interactions to the macroscopic tissue architecture.
The whole slide multispectral imaging capability creates a simpler and more robust workflow as fields of view do not need to be selected eliminating selection bias. You also retain a whole slide record, no re-scans required, so that you can easily re-analyze imagery as new understanding emerges.
Tissue sections or TMAs can be labeled with immunofluorescent (IF) or immunohistochemical (IHC) stains such as Opal™, or with conventional stains such as H&E and trichrome. When using IF or IHC stains, multiple proteins can be measured on a per tissue, per cell, or per cell compartment (e.g. nuclear, cytoplasmic) basis – even when signals are spectrally similar, are located in the same cellular compartment or are obscured by autofluorescence.
- State of the art multispectral imaging enables the identification and downstream quantification of multiple overlapping biomarkers (up to 8) without the interference of autofluorescence as the signals are unmixed from one another
- Renowned liquid crystal tunable filter (LCTF) technology generates unmixed, annotated regions of interest of up to 9-colors for deeper interrogation of biology
- MOTiF™ technology generates unmixed whole slide scans at 40x magnification of up to 7 colors in about 20 minutes (15 x 15 mm region) for analysis of biology across the entire slide in a streamlined workflow and without selection bias
- Fully automated, high-throughput system to accelerate your research and maximize your lab’s resources
- High speed digital whole-slide scanning at 10x – 40x in brightfield or fluorescence
- Enclosed system with built-in touchless automation allows you to visualize, analyze, quantify and phenotype immune cells in situ with enhanced security and reliability
- Integrated inForm and phenoptr tissue analysis software packages support configurable projects for biomarker quantification and spatial analysis
|Tissue Formats||Tissue microarrays and tissue sections|
|Multispectral Range||440 – 780 nm|
|Modality||Brightfield and Fluorescence (multispectral or color)|
|40x Throughput: Fluorescence (1.5 x 1.5 cm)||3 digital slides per hour (MOTiF™ 7 color)|
|40x Throughput: Brightfield (1.5 x 1.5 cm)||8 digital slides per hour|
|Automation||Touchless, with walk-away image acquisition|
|Slide capacity||80 slide capacity with continuous loading technology|
|Multiplexing Capability||Separates up to 9 colors, even if overlapping|
|Image Analysis Software||inForm: intuitive learn-by-example interface to automatically segment and quantitate tissue structures, cells and sub-cellular signatures|
|Resolution||40x = 0.25 um/pixel
20x = 0.5 um/pixel
10x = 1.0 um/pixel
|File Format||MOTiF™digital slide format (.qptiff); Multispectral field format (.iM3); monochrome or color images (JPEG, single-layer TIFF, BMP, or PNG)|
|Product Brand Name||Vectra Polaris|
|Detection Method||Fluorescence, Brightfield|